In case you haven’t heard about the latest Google Slap, you should know that it can wreak havoc on many Affiliate Marketing Review Sites.
Early reports have some very decent sites losing several page ranks while others have actually improved some.
The main idea behind it is to give more weight to quality sites and punish crappy ‘me too’ affiliate sites that are put together by people with little or no interest in offering anything of real value and just in it for a quick buck.
So this tip is only for those Affiliate Marketers who aren’t going to produce garbage sites, ok?
USE REDIRECTS FOR YOUR AFFILIATE LINKS
If you aren’t already doing this, here’s how simple it is to do. And for those of us who just got forgetful and/or lazy, now’s the time to go back and clean house. I know, I know, it will involve a lot of time consuming busy body work, but it’s something you should’ve been doing all along.
Here’s what you do in a nutshell:
Use subdomains of your main domain to redirect your affiliate links to the affiliate site.
1. Create a subdomain that makes sense to you for each affiliate link:
- clickbank.hop.net.coolproduct44556 will use the subdomain ‘coolproduct‘
2. in your Cpanel, create the subdomain coolproduct for mydomain.com
3. go to manage redirection of subdomain ‘coolproduct’ and paste your affiliate link in there and SAVE
Make sure to change any preexisting hyperlinks in your blog or website from the old affiliate link to your new redirected subdomain address:
- original link was: ‘http://clickbank.hop.net.coolproduct44556’
- gets changed to :’http://coolproduct.mydomain.com’
Now you know, future efforts should go smoother and quicker.